Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How it all began.

Hi, name's Desh. I was introduced to the CHSPE my Sophomore year [07-08] around October. Back then, my priorities were still really messed up and I put off any thought about leaving high school early; I was more into my social life than anything academic related.

Junior year came along and I started to really consider this option. In January, I talked it over with a friend, Luis. We decided we'd take it together on the next available date: March 21, 2009. One month passed and April 21st [the day before results were to be posted online] came. [For anyone taking the CHSPE, check it the night before it's supposed to be posted.] Results were up and we both had passed! Now came the decision-making.

My family [especially my Mommy] weren't too sure about taking this route. My brother [Age 22] was [and still is] completely for it. I talked it over with friends my age/older, family, and counselors. High School counselors are completely against it, probably because they lose one source of money every time a kid leaves. College counselors don't really care.

It's now August and my mind's been in a whirl since April. In 5 days [August 10th] I will be checking out of high school, officially. &In 19 days [August 24th] I will be beginning a not-so-normal way in the local CC: Antelope Valley College.

I'm making this blog because Luis and I had nothing to really advise us on this. So we're walking pretty blindly. If anyone else ever thinks of doing this, at least they'll have 2 people's input.

:]

No comments:

Post a Comment