Friday, August 21, 2009

Current Thoughts & A Bit of Advice.

Current Thoughts: I made the Varsity Girls' Volleyball team for my Junior year in High School. Due to complicated reasons, I was unable to play. Today were the tryouts for the 09-10 school year. Purely out of sentimentality [come on, this is the last time I'm ever gonna have a chance to play with my girls!], I attended. This is the second time I've had cause to re-think this graduating early thing. I want to stay for HS, I do! But I have long years of schooling, experiences, and fun ahead of me too. I feel selfish for wanting to stay.
On a different note, part of me wants to pour everything out onto this blog so other people know it's okay if they're feeling overwhelmed and scared. At the same time, I know a lot of this "stress" has to do with personal issues. My paternal grandfather has had cancer for more than 30 years, because of his age, it's flaring up again and he has relapsed. I start school on Monday, so the timing of this is absolutely horrible, as selfish as that sounds. All I can say, is take it one day at a time.

A Bit of Advice: Know your counselors! I have an index card I keep in my wallet with all my school's extension numbers [from Admission and Records to Counseling to Technical Support to Transfer Center to Library, etc.], call me OCD but this has saved time, effort, and unnecessary stress many a time. I've never really found it hard to talk to adults but some people might. Keep your head held high, but don't be rude. Be nice and respectful, but don't kiss butt. Remember, you need them to help you get whatever it is you're having trouble with. &Chances are, they're having just as bad a day as you are. But also keep in mind, you're paying Tuition. Therefore, they are your employers, so don't let anyone push you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment